Bloke

Still life sketch in sketchbook, Gouache, aprox 5 x 7 inches.

I Like Blocks
I like to explore relationships between wooden blocks. A single block by itself will do, but the more the merrier. Strangely enough, they seem to come alive when I plop them into whatever precarious arrangement. You probably won't believe me but they have conversations among themselves – I swear they can talk. One time they asked me to open the studio window so they could get some fresh air. They recently told me that they like to mimic other more sophisticated man-made objects, such as buildings or cars. They can even defy gravity. They are blocks. They are the great performers of my studio. They are the most genius mimes of my desktop. They are my friends. Some people like pets, but I like blocks.

Comments

Popular Posts