Orange Metro

8x10 inches, oil on canvas. 'M'

This painting was made in Portland, Oregon. I did it alongside, Leroy, the 12 year old who I was showing how to paint. Funny enough, he didn't seem too amused with the whole act. But, I told him if he put up with watching me long enough that I'd buy him an extra scoop of ice cream. Later, we sat on the warm wooden bench while we ate our ice cream. He was like a lion with a fresh gazelle––just toying with it before making the final plunge. And me? Well, I'd never seen a boy eat so much ice cream. As I watched him eat through two huge scoops, utilizing the force of his entire face, lip and mouth region, I continued on to question my own existence. We then rode our bikes home in a snake-like wandering fashion––one thing I sometimes forget to do as an adult. 

Comments

Popular Posts