Concept rough for "Virtutem"


Here's a concept rough for the painting, "Virtutem." Stayed tuned... I'll be posting the original finished oil painting as soon as I get it back from the galleries. The concept is derived from the famous 60's statement, "the flower in the muzzle." Except, my main idea here isn't necessarily a statement of peace. The flower chosen is a daisy and it is known as being a symbol of virtue. Its meaning explains the statement, "You have as many virtues as this plant has pedals." This explains the act of plucking a flower's pedals, "He loves me... he loves me not..." The state-of-the-art Berretta handgun (92 FS Ion) resembles modern warfare. The two put together is a metaphor for "choice". Is what of question a matter of choice? Or, is it a matter of destiny? Or, maybe virtue itself is a preponderance of power within human nature.

Comments

Popular Posts